Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Langenargen

On the day of my departure to Langenargen, I went with Thomas and Cordula to her nephew's Communion in Buchloe. It was great to be able to attend a Catholic Mass in Deutsch. The service was just as long, but there were so many people there that they ran out of Communion for the rest of the people. It was a small Church. From there we had lunch at a little restaurant and then back to her siste'rs house for dessert. It was already time for me to catch my train from Buchloe to Lindau, the ride was about 2 hours long. Southern Germany is so beautiful.



There are many German sayings, here is one, on the glass reads "Thirsty as a Bear" (I liked it). Typically the saying goes "Hungry as a Bear". The food was delicious and those are probably my favorite potatoes.







It was 6:30p when I arrived into Lindau and Sabine, Jason, and Johnny picked me up to take me to Langenargen about 20-30 min drive. Their home is very beautiful and just minutes from the lake. One day we took the kids down there to play. Jason had a friend over Robyn and his cousin was with us too, Annie. The picture of the rock (below) says, Welcome Lisa! They wrote it a few days before so it is a little dulled down. It was very sweet. Since the weather is warming up, we are seeing more sailboats on the water and windsurfers. It is still a bit to cloudy and can't see the Swiss Alps so well.


 
 









                  





Here is a photo of Sabine, Jason, and Johnny. The white house is where we live and the yellow on is where Oma and Opa (Grandma & Grandpa) live. Right behind the house is the nursery that the family owns and works at. Alfred Knam Garten Nursery is the name.

 
I had some time after the lake to go explore the town. The sun was just setting.

.







Need a nice Radler after playing with the kids and some time to read up on Germany to know where I want go next. There was actually a Soccer game that evening on the tv and the bar was packed full, FC Bayarn (Munich) vs Olympique Lyon (France) - Munich Won!!!  

The next day I had Johnny in town with me and we took some more photos. The flowers are just in bloom really make the city.














There is a market that sets up every Thursday with fresh fruits, vegetables, fish, meats, cheeses, and breads. It is wonderful as you know it comes every Thursday. We bought a little of everything. No one likes seafood here so they bought me a little seafood salad with shrimp, muscles, squid, octopus, and scallops in it. Was amazing. The scenery is simply spectular and the sun doesn't set til about 8p so there is still plenty of time to enjoy the evenings after dinner.


2 comments:

  1. Lisa, I LOVE your pictures! and all the flowers...such a perfect time of year there! Looks like you will be having the time of your life. I'm so excited for you! Miss you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kait!! Glad you like, there is so much to see hard to share all ;)

    ReplyDelete