Friday, August 20, 2010

Fussen, Germany


I waited to go to Schloss Neuschwanstein since Thomas and Cordula's wedding would be in Fussen. Alan came in on the 9th of July to Munich!! He took a train directly down to Fussen and we were meeting at the hotel. He made the arrangements I only had the name, Hotel Ludwig. Fussen is small so it shouldn't be hard to find. I took the train that departed at 11a so I would arrive around 2p. This would allow for enough time so I could make sure I had everything that morning and wasn't rushed.

I brought my suitcase with all the crap Alan was taking back for me and my own backpack to have for the onward travel when he departed. The day was sroching hot and the train had no air flowing on it. I kept thinking everything will be better when I get to the hotel. I secretly hoped that Alan would meet me at the train station to help me.

When I arrived in Fussen, there was no Alan! So I made way to the hotel. I stopped in another to ask for the tourist information building, the lady said she will help me. That is very kind. Too bad she didn't tell me to turn right after crossing the road. I went a little out of the way, but knew that it couldn't be that far down. I found it after and went to check in.


At the hotel there is a connecting restaurant, the receptionist is the waitress. I had to lug the heavy bag up a flight of stairs and then wait for her to check me in. I tell her it is under Hoyt. She tells me my man is here. Great thank you, which room please. I have no idea where he is. Room 23 up more stairs.







I walk in and Alan pops up, he was napping from the long flight. I want to hug him, but I am sweating so much I feel so gross. Oh well he gets a hug! So good to see him.
He is still sleepy so I go out to explore Fussen. We only have the one day and then tomorrow is the wedding.


You can take a bus to the enterance of the castle, but I walk. It is nice and hot, plus I would have missed these lovely cows.
The walk was actually really nice.
In town at the start of the hike straight up a mountain. There was mini bus that takes you up and the last call was at 5:30p - I arrived at that time, and there was no bus. Schloss Hohenschwanstein.
On the hike up people were heading down and one woman said, you are brave. Alpsee
To the bridge I go...
Amazing views
Alpsee
Walking up to the castle I found a detour, route going down to the waterfalls! The castle was closed at this time anyways.

The bridge right above...
It was so hot I was ready to jump in!
The air was so much cooler down here! Wish I would have taken this way to go up!
So many little water falls
The path to the trail was on the otherside from where I started. I walked by all the homes and a school. These people are so lucky to live right here.
I went back to the Hotel and Alan was still sleeping. He got up and we went to dinner.
After he had to practice his song for the performance in the church.

Then he had to practice his speech.










The next morning we had breakfast and then it was time to get ready for the big day!


I think Alan was a little nervous with all his tasks he was performing, but he didn't show it.


Their amazing church in Fussen.
The ceremony was amazing and Thomas and Cordula couldn't look more stunning. Alan's performance in the church along with Carly singing I'm Yours was perfect



All the guests were blowing bubbles when they came out of the church it was pretty amazing sight.
At the reception we have cake and champagne first!!! I love desserts first!
Before sitting down for dinner we make a wish for the newly weds!

A bucket to fish for your table. We were seated at the American table, all were but Felix.


The lovely couple.
Alan gave his speech in German, it was fabulous! Everyone was throughly impressed especially T&C.
Some pics at the reception



We headed back to Munich the next day with Cordula's friend Toby. We stopped for a rest in Starnberg, half way between Munich and Fussen. I had to its a beetle and LL for Little Lisa.
This one reads, STA Travel, Alan Hoyt, his favorite number 19. Perfect find.
Alan sleeping and me sneaking photos of him!



In Munich we watched the final game of the World Cup. Very disappointed that Germany was only one game away and didn't make it. The next day was lovely in Munich. Here again the Hofgarten, but in Summer.









We went to check out the Beer Museum, but it was Monday and Museums are closed. Everyone figuring out what to do now.







So we decided to go floating down the Isar. I think it was a good choice.
Then later Alan and I went for Pizza! Sorry no pic, ate it to fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment