Saturday, August 21, 2010

Northwich, UK

Meeting up with some of Alan's friends that he met while studying 2 weeks in Guatemala, Kris and Zan. Actually we came to find out that Zan had to work out of town the only day that we were going to be able to visit. Alan is taking off for home the following day...boo. Pretty cool story about them, they traveled all over and volunteered at an Orphange before meeting Alan, then they made their way to the States and Al met them in Vegas. Kris proposed to Zan while skydiving (just a little insight to their outgoing personalities) and of course she said yes. Congrats to the two of you! Can't wait to be introduced.

Before check out we had the continential breakfast and to make sure everything was packed. After checking out of our lovely hotel we headed for some coffee and to find the quickest way to the train station for our afternoon departure. So many coffee places in the UK, but we ended up going back to Costa since we had delicious Vanilla Lattes the day before.

Then it was about time to grab our many bags and walk to the train station. On the way back to the hotel we kept our eyes peeled for a sandwhich place so we could have lunch on the train.There was this little shop near the hotel so we stopped in, looked at the menu, and said ok. The lady making the sandwhiches was nice, she made Alan's first and it didn't look half bad. Then it was my turn, I was craving avacados so I ordered the avacado and chicken sandwhich on Ciabatta. The Ciabatta was harder than normal looking and then she was putting the avacado on while microwaving the chicken. When cutting the bread it all fell apart and looked like a disator. We pay for our sandwhiches and leave.

There was only a ten mintue way to the train station and we passed by 4 more sandwhich shops that looked a thousand times better than what we were about to eat. It started raining and people began opening their umbrellas. Alan had the privilage to be in the lead and dodge people and umbrellas the whole way there. Luckily he was not injured during the trek! We get there, sit down, open the bag to eat our sandwhiches (mind you I already expressed to Alan that I was not looking forward to eating this) and as I am showing Alan the messy sandwhich that I will attempt to eat I find a hair in it. I was pissed that we brought it all this way knowing it was going to be a shit sandwhich. Al told me to go and buy a new one, I head off and just go get a pre-made salad from Tesco, when I come back I see Al is finished eating. "Hungry?" I ask, his response was no it was too awful to eat.

We arrive in Northwich and Kris picks us up, it was 10 mins to their house through little windy streets. The neighborhood is a perfect portral of an English town.  Here is the outside of their house.

We chatted for an hour or so before walking over to Del and Tracie's house, Kris's brother and his wife. On the walk to the bar Alan found his street.
Went out to a local bar and met their little friend Kock Nose. He is a strange looking finger puppet. Once talking about travels Del and Tracie demanded that I take him with me to travel. I must return him though once we are finished. On the list is Edinburgh (tomorrow), Langenargen, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Estonia, Lativa, Munich and Oktoberfest, Middle East when we have our stoppover in Abu Dhabi, Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia, Hong Kong, San Francisco, Chicago, Phoenix, and who knows where to next.
Let's just say that we grew close very quickly...

Dinner at this restaurant was interesting, Alan ordered Steak for us to split and we had an order of Nachos on the way.

First task was to ask this gentleman if Kock Nose can play chess with him. The man was so kind we was like I would love to have him play.
The Brits were hilarious and we had a great time with them.
Del and Tracie bidding Kock Nose his farewell.

The obsession soon began with Alan and I taking pics of Kocknose for his facebook page. Add him by searching his email cocknose10@hotmail.com or go to http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=name&id=10056249#!/profile.php?id=100001269650505&ref=ts


It was great night out, but very late and felt awful after Desperados. The next day Kris took us to the airport where I sent off Alan and one of my suitcases. I will take the train to Edinburgh! Thanks to the Brits for a fantastic time!!

My trip with Alan could not have been more fun, it was great to travel with him again! It was sad to see him go and not continue to spend more time with one another. He worked really hard as to make sure I had the proper itineraries, dress and shoes, and brought some things for the family. Also taking a huge suitcase full of my crap back with him. Without his love and support I am not sure if I could have it this easy.

2 comments:

  1. Lisa's family also thanks you for making sure she is safe in her travels...

    xoxo
    aunt jamie

    cant wait to see you

    ReplyDelete