Thursday, July 1, 2010

USA/England World Cup Party, Munich

On Friday night I was resting from the long day of swim with the kids. On Saturday, June 12th, I went up to Munich to spend time with my friends. Felix and Bene were having a party for the USA/ENGLAND game. They created a theme to pick a side and dress up as a stereotype or role model from that country. I didn't know this until I arrived at Thomas and Cordula's and she asked me what I was wearing. Luckily I had a baseball t-shirt and baseball shorts (apparently Americans like to wear short shorts and flipflops) This was my outfit. And it was red white and blue, man I am good.
When I arrived on that afternoon there was a festival going on in the Marienplatz. Everyone had something to do that day, so I walked around and enjoyed the music and shopped a bit.
This girl is wearing a STL Cardinals hat, I think she is going to the party later!

The game started at 8:30p and we were right on time. It was great to see everyone!!

Taryn is from St. Louis, she was loving my shirt!
Only one month til the wedding for Thomas and Cordula! (actual time after post 1 week)!
Outside to get some fresh air.

The party was wonderful. Great to let loose with everyone. That night I got to sleep without setting the alarm and worrying about where I needed to go. Ended up going to the Munich Zoo when I woke up. The walk to the Zoo from Thomas and Cordula's was really pretty.

I called Lisa on the way since she loves the zoo and has a seasonal pass. She met me at the enterance, we felt like crap from the night before so the fresh air was good.
The bat cave, literally flying all around me. I was a little scared

There is no glass here and the birds don't fly out.
And the Rino's poo
The Red Panda's are asleep, shhh.
Turtles!!
The zoo was perfect, not to hot and it rained a little.
Lisa and Lisa! Love it
Elephants to Kangaroos

These monkeys were so funny, when it rained they darted indoors.
Such a cute baby...
I am through the hole waving!


Lisa and I left the Zoo, when I got back tom T&C's they were doing wedding planning, so I took a nap. A few people came over to watch Germany kick Australia's butts 4-0.
I headed back to Langenargen early afternoon on Monday. Great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment