Sunday, September 26, 2010

Abu Dhabi to Bangkok

September 20th,

Etihad Airways is nice, they have a foot rest, comfy seats, and blankets/pillows. I am so tired now. The guy next to me on my flight was really nice, but wanted to talk for a bit. I was able to sleep for a few hours. Then was woken up for the breakfast call, had cereal and fruit.



I arrive in Abu Dhabi at 7a and take off at 8:30a. Didn't print off my flight info for my outbound. Hope there are no problems. Arrived in Abu Dhabi and go to my flight, delayed. 1:30. Then I buy a little souvenir. I board the plane and there is no one next to me, say it's so! Nope not lucky as newly weds on their honeymoon sit next to me. They weren't not mushy at all just receive champagne and fruit, the bride offered me some of her fruit. I said no thank you. They were very nice, just wonder where they came from. When they spoke they said their flight was from Frankfurt but spoke American accent. I watched some movies on the plane Valentines Day, sore I would not see it, but someone said it was good and then Alice in Wonderland, I liked both.




September 21st

Get off the flight and walk through the airport. They closed off some of the immigration entrances. I get in line and waiting to go through immigrations, I was in a line forever as the guy was in training should have known, everyone patted his back after they were done. When I finally got up there it took me two minutes , silly.


Walk to belt 18 and see my bag, pick it up and head to the bus terminal, I have to find my bus AE2 airport express. Walk out and see taxis , it is hotter than shit, go back in to pee and change into shorts. There is no way I can move without thinking clearly! Walk out again and go to the left, see the bus. I buy my ticket for 150B ($5), wait another 10 mins for it to arrive.



I am meeting Nate, worked together at STA, at Khao San Center. Seems pretty easy to find bar, then I need to figure out what am doing for a room tonight, its 8:30p now. Got off the bus and head back towards a busy street. It is Khao San go down the road and see the Hippi bar (right direction), also see so many vendors, can't wait to go shopping...




Come to the Center Khao San and look for Nate, he spots me and walk over. First thing is first a nice cold Beer Chang. We sit there for a bit and then go to drop my bags and get me a room. The place Nate is staying he says is "budget" aka dump. My House guesthouse, it’s only one night I don't care, plus I'd rather spend money on clothes and massages.


 We drop off the bags and go to get some dinner at a place called Apple's. I ordered Pad See Eww, my favorite. It was perfect. Then we go out for a beer and talk with some other travelers and the full moon party at Koh Phangan gets brought up. Nate asks me if I wanted to go. I said I really didn’t care. Have some friends down there that I could meet up with, but I can wait til later to go. We decided that probably should look into it in the morning. I head off to bed as I am beat tired and might have a big day ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment