Sunday, September 12, 2010

Korgen, Norway

August 6th
It's my little buddies Birthday! Happy Birthday Carson, I miss you!!! I wake up so tired that I could barely open my eyes. Very puffy and baggy. So today is a day that I have no idea what is going on. According to the itinerary the days get longer and we head up to Korgen? What is on the way we will soon find out. I get a nice window seat, my favorite, and Marcus comes and sits next to me. I think he is plotting to steal more picture opportunities. The first stop we have is at Allskog, Bloarein, there are ancient drawings on the rocks here. We walk along and come to a nice waterfall flowing. This stop is only 30 mins so there is not to much to see here. Going down a little further it has a camping ground and a lake.

 

  
The time is up and we get back on the bus. We drive a bit longer and then we have to make a bathroom stop, the outside toilets smell awful and I am very jealous of the guys right now. Joey tells to go as fast as possible that we do not have much time here. When I am finished I go over by everyone else, there are rock slates that are resting along a flowing river. Pretty cool, the water is moving so fast you can hear how rapid it is. Don't want to get to close might fall in.

On the road again, the drive is very scenic and along many lakes and flowing rivers. It was very pretty with scattered houses and farmland. Not much else around. Soon enough we will get to a large waterfall. This waterfall is absolutely stunning and there are two guys kayaking. We were able to sit and relax for a good while. There was this impressive old tree resting on the rocks. It was very peaceful there and you could only really hear the sound of the water crashing down. I tried having Luke recreate a picture I wanted with me in it, but not sure he knew what I wanted. Then I took some more the old tree, when Luke was no longer sitting on it and right after I see Marcus taking pics of it. Knew he was going to copy me. I made fun of him quite a bit after that.




The day starting clearing up and it the sky was that perfect blue again. When it is like that I can't help but want to take pictures of everything. Norway is just full of so much natural beauty. There was a lake with some fog on it, don't know why in this one area it just go to be so misty, but I thought it to be fascinating how fast the atmosphere changed.

When we got to camp it was a good setup, big open area and a trampoline right in the middle of it. Teams starting setting up the tent so I went on the trampoline. Tonight we were playing traditional games for the Olympics; tug o war, egg toss, and relay races. I was excited, but first I had had to go for a run. I was starting to feel like a blob. My body was hurting from sitting so long on the bus and there was no physical activity. Alicia went for a run last night and when I heard her say this I was inspired to do so as well, even told her when she goes to let me know. After the trampoline, Derek and I were throwing the disc around and all of the sudden I felt my earring pop out. I only knew that it flew in a certain direction. Then we were searching for it, and other people came to help. I was about to give up and say don't worry about when Derek said here it is! I was so happy, these earring are from Barcelona. I got them on my trip with Elena in 2006.



Now I thought it was time for the run, before dinner. I stretched and then went for a 25min jog. They couldn't believe I was back so fast, but it was all up hill and the first time going in a week I didn't want to push it also they are all drinking beer so I didn’t care what they thought. Then I wanted to go into the lake, and Jane said she would go with me. The lake was really filmy and kind of unappealing, we went in for 10 mins and got out. Pretty cold as well. After dinner I asked Michelle and Foster if I could try to use there laptop to burn the photos on the discs. They said sure. We tried for about 10mins and it wasn't working. Adam and Zani were staying with them and they had a disc burner as well. The Olympics started and they said it wasn't that much fun and helped me out. It took almost the whole evening to burn the discs. I went out there and everyone was like where were you. We lost of course. There were some little kids watching them all and wanted to take part in the games, was pretty cute.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I was rooming tonight with Emma, Krysten, and Alicia (the runner). Emma and Krysten were drinking a bit more than usual tonight and Alicia ended up going for a run with Luke, I think when she heard that I went she was bummed that she didn't ask me. Luke didn't do so well and had to walk. I called it an early night as we were walking up super early and there were tons of mosquitoes out I didn’t care to be eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment