Monday, September 20, 2010

Konstanz, Germany

August 29th
Arriving back with the family I had time to relax, plan and spend time with the boys. I worked on Saturday since I took so much time off for the trip. The following weekend the weather was warm and I wanted to go see Konstanz. Heard it was a really nice town, and it was so close to me. I woke up early today, and checked out the ferry. Seems that it takes a little longer than I thought and should take an early ferry if I would like to spend the whole day there. The next one was at 10:20am. Shoot I better get a move on. I hurry up and get ready, run out the door, and bike to the Hafen. It wouldn't be so bad, but the pier is so long and you can't take your bike down it. I park the bike and run to the ship. They are ready to the leave when the man asks wohnin...(where), Konstanz I say out of breath. He puts the gate back down and I hop on. Super Danke!

On the ferry ride I read my book Pride and Prejudice and the LP on Konstanz, it will take 2 hours to get there. When I arrive I want to make my way to the church, Konstanzer Munster. I walk up to the city center and grab a coffee. The town is already charming. I find the Rathaus and walk through the courtyard. Then I stumble upon another church.











I can see the Munster from the entry way of a street and I take it straight to it. The church was very nice. I go inside and walk around. Something very peaceful about Churches and Cathedrals. Nobody will talk or be loud enough for you to hear. I like that. You have personal time to think and reflect. I want to go up the tower and see the city from atop.

The day was so clear and perfect. Nothing like a blue sky. The city was full of rooftop terraces and I was thinking how lucky are those people! The tower wasn't too crowded with people. I go down to walk around a bit, and I am starting to get hungry. I read about a couple of places.


I walk along the waterfront and there is only one restaurant. I saw a place that looked interesting as it was Greek cuisine. I go to the restaurant and it just doesn't sound appealing.





The next ferry to Langenargen is at 4p and then there is a 6p one, but would get me back to Friedrichschafen and then I would still have to take the train to town. Seemed like a bit of a pain. I went into some sandwich shops and they looked really gross, like they have been sitting all day. I was there on a Sunday and places are not as busy and they have different hours of operation. I could eat in Langenargen, but I didn't want to wait so long. I run into McDonalds as I was a little desperate and get some Chicken Nuggets and fries. Walk to the ship and it is ready to board. Get on and sit outside to eat, right when I am finished it is just too windy and cold. I go inside and drink a tea. I arrive into Langenargen and ride back to the house. Make some tea and relax with the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment