Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Jyvaskyla, Finalnd

August 12th
Well another long day on the bus and it is said that we travel through some really scenic spots. I sit next to Anneka and we get to talking. She enjoys having very in-depth conversations. I like her a lot. We have a stop at some gas station and connected to it is a liquor store, that sells wine. I run over there and buy two bottles. I know that Emma was in the mood for wine as well so it won’t be a problem getting her to share with me.

 


Today’s movie is the Labyrinth and Anneka is so confused by it, cracks me up. We have another stop and Marcus takes my seat so I take his next to Derek. I try to read my book, Pride and Prejudice but can’t seem to focus on it. The rooms list comes around and Anneka, Emma, and Krysten decided that we should share a room. We have one more stop at a lake before going to camp. It is the last chance to get points for the Viking Olympics and that is to go into the lake. Some people actually go in, say the water is quite nice.



At camp it is a quick set up and then we go to our rooms. The room is like a dorm room at college. This place would be great in the winter as it is a ski resort, but don’t find anything too special about it. Here there is wifi and everyone jumps on to contact the outside world. Emma and I open the wine and have some with dinner.


After dinner I walk up the hill with Alicia and Helen. Right before we go Emma is embarrassed that she spilled a glass of wine and I told her as long as it isn’t the bottle who cares. When I come back Emma and I want to play cards so we go into the common room. Top Gun was playing and everyone was getting a little mad when we would talk. Derek tried to build another fire and it did not catch. Krysten through a piece of paper in the fire-pit and it caught on the coals and started a blazing fire. We were shortly impressed and then bummed because it was too hot for it.
After a bit we went to the room, the girls and I are up for awhile in bed talking. We are beginning to feel the end nearing and getting bummed out about it.
We will all finish in Tallinn on the 15th. Also decided that we should try and room with one another for the next two nights in Helsinki and Tallinn. Today was so short and not much going on, hoping Helsinki trip will not be this low key.

No comments:

Post a Comment